• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3 Point Box Blade On Skid

salopez

I am not sure how cheap its going to be. you have to get a 3pt adapter and a good one is about 800, and then you have to get the box 3-800 dollars. then you have to run backwards all day!

I would look to some auctions and get a ss model box or blade.

salopez,
Thanks for the reply,looking at the adapter on ebay from steel-tec.Looks well made,was just wondering how well it woulb hold up with reasonable care(not over working it).Tractor Supply in town has a 6' King Kutter Box they would let go cheap.I've been watching for SS boxes for some time now,haven't seen anything under 3-4K .
As for RUNNING BACKWARD !!!! Thanks to politicians,crooked bankers and the like,I ran backward all of 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Check out a Roadrunner. It is a great attachment, especially for roads. It will beat the heck out of a box scraper and you can run it going forward. Go to www.Roadrunnerblade.com.

Thanks Bob , Gives me alot of food for thought.Really liked the optional roller attachment.Once again I can't say how much HELP this site has been.The advise and direction here is priceless ,thanks to everyone that make it possible !!!!!!!!!! .
Jerry L.

salopez

buckeye
is this for your drive? how often would you use it? Ever think about renting one?

td25c

I get along fine grading driveways and yards with the standard bucket.I do have an 8 foot box blade that I use with a farm tractor.I like it,works great cleaning up after the dozer.

salopez , no, not just for mine.Was looking at possible additional work for the little machine.
25c ,I have done several drives with the GP Bucket but thought the Box Blade would be faster at re-positioning existing stone.I live in a semi-rural area near Lake Erie with alot of reasonably long gravel drives.Just trying to create some additional income with minimum investment. Thanks for your reply's .

td25c

salopez , no, not just for mine.Was looking at possible additional work for the little machine.
25c ,I have done several drives with the GP Bucket but thought the Box Blade would be faster at re-positioning existing stone.I live in a semi-rural area near Lake Erie with alot of reasonably long gravel drives.Just trying to create some additional income with minimum investment. Thanks for your reply's .

I guess I like gp bucket because while grading it fills up with stone,then I pick it up and take the stone to wher the drive needs it.If you are speading new stone behined trucks the box blade might work better,but I would want to be pushing it insted of pulling it.I am in hilly country,when it rains hard I do alot of grading driveways,MIne is about 1500 feet long and it takes me about one hour to grade it.Is it hilly in your neck of the woods?It makes a big differance how often people need grading done.

25c , No hills here , old lake bottom clay .which causes pot holes every spring after the ground thaws .Gave some thought to attaching a quicktach plate to the opposite end of a three point box blade so I could push with scariffers and back drag with (rear blade ).Would like to have the tilt-tach but can't spend money I don't have like D.C. is.

td25c

That should work.I like the idea of pushing the box blade,and the scarfficer teeth will bring up matirial keeping the box full.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
25c , No hills here , old lake bottom clay .which causes pot holes every spring after the ground thaws .Gave some thought to attaching a quicktach plate to the opposite end of a three point box blade so I could push with scariffers and back drag with (rear blade ).Would like to have the tilt-tach but can't spend money I don't have like D.C. is.

That is how i was going to build me a laser box scraper for my CTL and add wheels to the front using the three point with the cylinder to raise the wheels for grading.

Also got a valve to operate the laser ,plus have laser for my other work so i was set to go,except getting it done.

It has the ripper teeth also on it.Heavy duty BushogX80 i think was the model 84".Had the skidsteer plate.I still needed to get the wheels and build the frame but.........

Only thing is that i went to Ritchie Bros. auction last week and bought a Bobcat 84" box scraper,with laser set up, pole and valve, that looked brand new for a real deal price so fixed that problem.:D:usa

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
If I was in your shoes, I'd be looking at some different tools.

1.) A skidsteer grader attachment like one of these. http://www.minimightpatrol.com/
Never worked one, but their idea is sound I think. The roadrunner is another good idea.

2.) Buy a used road grader. If you keep your eyes open you might be able to score a township road grader for a decent deal. Someone has offered me a gallion, 14' blade, ih motor, has scarfiers, suposedly runs for $2500. To the best of my knowledge its still there. I've though about getting it but it doesnt fit my needs or my mid to long term plans for my business. If you want it, ill give you his number.

3.) have you thought about a maintainer tractor?

JDOFMEMI

At Conexpo, Deere took the boxblade idea up a notch. They put a roller on the front, mounted a couple of feet in front of the box. It had an expanded metal mesh covering, and was multi purpose. The main thing was to stabilize the blade, by adjusting the pitch of the attachment so the roller was on the ground, and let you cut as little as you like, or as much. As anyone who has done this knows, the hardest thing to control is the chop you get, especially if you have material thats hard here and soft there. The roller with its grid also breaks up clods and such, giving you a much better finish.

Sorry, no pictures, but check the JD site. They may have some.

JDOFMEMI and everyone else ,
Thanks again for the help. Really like the JD unit Jerry.Looks exactly like what I'm looking for,simple and durable.Checked the JD site and they have a very impressive video of the unit in use.I happen to live in AC country but will check with dealer on pricing.If push comes to shove maybe I'll reverse engineer the thing from a standard box blade.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
The first pic is the Bushog boxscraper i was going to use for my graded laser system,but was never going to get done so............

I picked up one already too go at Ritchie Bros. Bobcat ,slightly used.Will be a while before i get to use it looks like also.Good luck with your project!!!!!!:usa

Attachments

• Box Scraper 1.jpg
    Box Scraper 1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,300
  • Bobcat Box Scraper 002.jpg
    Bobcat Box Scraper 002.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,651
  • Bobcat Box Scraper 003.jpg
    Bobcat Box Scraper 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,750

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Try to get a local welder fabricator to make what you want my be cheaper and more durable. In the winter I make my own attachment and make a few for others to. I recently built a rig like the Bobcat box pictured with out the laser. Im making one for my seld as soon as I get my green house up and going. the man I built the first one for was using a boxblade on a hitch adapter and was baking down a road grading and lapsed his conentration right off the edge of the road and about 3 rolls later came to rest on his side. He apparently tried to straighen a curve. He was still a bit banged up. I hadthe castor type wheels for the front already I got them off an old shoulder spread going to scrap last summer. His cost a total of 950 for the whole thing plus paint. Im planning on building one similar for my Case 1840 but my castor wheels will be stationary and my blade will raise and lower. I also have an old BC front grader Im adapting to my Case. Also not so long ago I had built a 2 bladed grader like a Bionic blade or grademaster that was a 3 point mount. I was hacking around with it in front ofthe shop on my tractor because my own blade was at my dads. I thought how nice it would be on the front of my skid steer so I made a plate and then welded on 2 3x3 arms with u bolt mounts on front to clamp down on the top of the blade frame. I graded my whole shop lot and dressed up the yard. I went to take it off when the old man got here and he said no leave it and figure it up with it. On super long drives lie his 2 mile stretch he uses the tractor but on smaller areas he will use his skidsteer.

Taylortractornu,
No problem with welder/fabricator,spent 35+yrs. in collision repair and still have a real nice MIG/TIG out in the Barn.It was my plan to use the Box Blade as a base to the project.No hills to roll down in my neighborhood but I get your point.
I was referred to the John Deere site for some insight and was very impressed with their solution.You might want to check it out as well,the video is very impressive.Like yourself ,I enjoy making everything I can myself,most times just to prove I can.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Ive seen the JD blade I like it to but the BC looks a little more usable right now I have a table burner I cut my brackets out on so I have all the patterns from the last one. I have the old BC grader just trying to find cheaper controls. I have had a thrown together rig like JDs but it was for a quick job o nthe weekend and didnt have alot of time or material. every thing I have about it for my 1840's aree home built. Pallet fors and the grapple forks. The thumbs on my backhoe and mini ex to. Im gathering for a powerrake right now.