• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

299D No Auxiliary Hydraulics

Jeffrey Bandel

I'm curious what this switch does? The one with the rabbit and aux on it. I don't have the operator manual in front of me but the repair manual doesn't show it. I have pushed it both ways with no results.
20220329_164529[1].jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'm curious what this switch does? The one with the rabbit and aux on it. I don't have the operator manual in front of me but the repair manual doesn't show it. I have pushed it both ways with no results.
That is the 2-speed/AUX 7 control. The purpose of AUX 7 is to provide electrical power to Pin A on the loader arm connector.
Push the top of the switch inwards then use the trigger on the LH joystick to control 2-speed.
Push the bottom of the switch inwards then use the trigger on the LH joystick to supply electrical power to Pin A on the loader arm connector.

upload_2022-3-30_16-16-10.png

Last edited:

Nige

Got it. But is there a switch that controls the aux hydraulics I need? People have mentioned it but I don't ever remember hitting a switch?
Not that I can see. This is the best explanation I could find for engaging the AUX hydraulics.
upload_2022-3-30_16-47-1.png

When thumb wheel (29) is moved, pilot oil is directed to the auxiliary circuit spool located in the control valve. Thumb wheel (29) is a proportional switch. Move the thumb wheel slightly for a small amount of flow to the auxiliary couplings. Move the thumb wheel further in order to obtain a higher flow to the auxiliary couplings. When a high flow work tool is detected by the ECM at the work tool electrical connector, and the thumbwheel is at 100% the switch will trigger the high flow mode giving maximum flow. Refer to "High Flow Mode" in this manual.

Move the thumb wheel forward in order to increase the flow of oil to the male "Aux 2" coupling. When you move the thumb wheel (29) forward, the ECM activates a solenoid allowing pilot oil from gear pump (charge oil) to activate the AUX spool. Supply oil from the piston pump (work tool) flows through the spool to the male "Aux 2" coupling. Oil from the piston pump flows through the work tool circuit and retiurns through the female "Aux 1" coupling to the spool for the auxiliary circuit. The oil then flows from the control valve (work tool) back to the hydraulic oil tank.

Move the thumb wheel backward in order to increase the flow of oil to the female "Aux 1" coupling. When you move the thumb wheel (29) backward, the ECM activates a solenoid allowing pilot oil from gear pump (charge oil) to activate the AUX spool. Supply oil from the piston pump (work tool) flows through the spool to the female "Aux 1" coupling. Oil from the piston pump flows through the work tool circuit. and returns through the male "Aux 2" coupling to the spool for the auxiliary circuit. The oil then flows from the control valve (work tool) back to the hydraulic oil tank.

Nige

That puts me back to the beginning. The thumb wheel is not getting voltage.
Try going back along P769/P770 from C-CH2 towards the ECM and look for voltage on P769 using P770 as ground. CONN 13 is one major harness connector betwee the joystick and the ECM.
The schematic shows the locations of the major harness connectors.
P769/P770 feed a number of functions (track motor speed sensors & ILEV cystem) not just the roller switch.
I think you might have a wire break in a harness somewhere, possibly between Conn 13 and the ECM. I can see a 5-way internal splice of both wires P769 and P770 on the schematic. See Grid D-14, illustrated below.

upload_2022-3-30_18-54-6.png

Last edited:

Nige

P769 - Pin 56
P770 - Pin 30
Both on connector J1.
I'll bet you find 8v between those two pins at the ECM with the key on - because you have no Active Diagnostic Codes for your drive motor speed sensors that are powered using 8v by the same P769/P770 wires.

Last edited:

Nige

You must have this thing printed out on a 4X8 piece of plywood.
No. much easier than that. The pdf document is searchable. Put P769 in the Adobe pdf Search Box and then click either the Search Forward or the Search Back icon.
It will take you one by one to every location on the schematic that "P769" occurs.
If you want to find a wire in a specific harness (e.g. Harness "C") you could for example put "P769-C141" and it would only show you that wire.

upload_2022-3-30_22-52-19.png

Nige

If you find power between P769 & P770 at the ECM J1, your next step should be to find whether it is wire P769 or P770 that has the problem. Disconnect ECM J1 and CONN 13 then measure the resistance of wire P769 within Harness C between the two connectors. (J1 Pin 56 and CONN 13 Pin 42)
Repeat the process with wire P770. (J1 Pin 30 and CONN 13 Pin 43)
It is my opinion that one of them has to be open circuit (infinite resistance). When you find which one it is you could temporarily run a wire outside the harness from J1 to CONN 13 to replace the defective wire so that you can at least power up the roller and test it.

Last edited: