• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

289D XPS

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Any good? Generally speaking. 15’ model w 1600 hrs. Owner purchased new. One owner. Not asking of this particular one but this model in general. Cat C3.3 engine. I know it has the asv undercarriage. Other than that anyone have any experience. A friend has one to sell. Thanks

02Dmax

If it's a 289 it will have the standard undercarriage. 287's had the ASV undercarriage, which can get very pricey to replace and maintain unless you need it for what your using the loader for.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Yes your right it has the standard UC. Didn’t even pay attention to it. So are they good machines or have u had any experience with them.

Tags

Pm member CM1995, pretty sure he has one or two of them and has been pretty happy with em' I think.

Tags

Crap, just realized he has 2 - 279Ds.... I believe he demoed a 289 though, but went with the 279 since it is a bit lighter than the 289, but they both share the same motor....I think....