• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

277b air conditioner

gwhammy

I just bought a older 277 for an extra machine and as we are cleaning it up we can't seem to locate the air conditioner pump. No loose hoses hanging around. Where do the run it from? I kind of feel stupid asking but myself and a mechanic buddy of mine has looked everywhere and can't find it.

DARO

Occupation
Mechanic
It might be under the seat. Driven by a hyd moter. Your serial number would help. Some folks in here have the cat sis parts store.

gwhammy

Serial number is mdh02379. I know it has air because of the dryer and things we can see. We just looked everywhere that was reasonable and couldn't find it. I've never dealt with a cat skidloader and know nothing about them.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry your OP wasn't 100% clear that you'd already located most of the components of the A/C system except the compressor. It certainly left the factory in 2005 with an A/C installed. As Mark posted above the compressor is located under the floor plate.

heymccall

The only three issues I've had with mine are:
A) the failure of one condenser fan (which usually goes unnoticed)
ii) failure of the heater knob valve (o-ring on butterfly flap fails, heat stays on)
3) airflow restriction due to dirt bypassing filter assemblies.

gwhammy

When I bought this machine it hadn't had the best of care. You couldn't hardly see the battery for dirt piled up. When we had the cab up washing it last week the dirt was half way up on the hydrostats, this is why we couldn't find out how the air conditioner worked. Tracks are as wore out as any I've ever seen, cords hanging out everywhere.