• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

270/7 door latch

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Very strange but the door won’t latch when it’s cold. Like below 35ish. No matter what I do. As soon as it warms up it’ll close every time. I’ve heard they have issues. Not sure it’s not new. I know when we bought it they were working on it at dealership. We didn’t ask but will tomorrow

heymccall

Never had a latch issue on either of mine. One ham fisted operator kept dislodging the inner door release on the cross tube. Ended up cross drilling the pivot and installing a machine screw there.
So, either the weather stripping is displaced (as suggested above), the door is out of alignment (bent), the striker needs adjusted, the latch is damaged/ fouled, or the cable end for the inner door release is kinked at the latch end.
The door has two stages, almost closed, and fully closed. Sounds like you aren't getting either stage. I'd start by removing the latch cover plate and ensure that the release cable isn't too taut. I can't remember where the adjustment for cable tension is, but, I think it's under the latch cover plate. And, I believe the inner release handle can be slid a little fore and aft by loosening the torx screw.