1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

2685-8 left drive motor speed sensor

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by Bill Hunt, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Member

This appears to be very helpful information. I'll try to get off work early today and see if i can find an end that looks like the one you sent me a picture of

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    Working only from your first photo which doesn't show the inside end too well I still think that's what you'll find.

Another thought. If you do find that it works as I described above be sure to carefully dry the inside of both halves of the connector before plugging it all together. It may be a trick of the photo but your 2nd one appears to show water inside the end of the connector. There is an orange silicone rubber seal between the two halves of the connector and any condensation trapped inside could cause all sorts of long-term problems.

3. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Member

You're correct, i did get a little water in there while trying to clean it for the picture. I'll be sure to blow it out really good and make sure it's dry before i connect them. I also tried to send better pictures of the inside of the connectors

Attached Files:

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Based on that photo I'm 99% certain that what you are looking at on the machine end is a complete connector that will need one half of it removing before you can hook your speed sensor connector to it.

5. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Member

That makes sense. I'll definitely try it today when i get home from work

6. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Member

Nige your 99% prediction was 100% correct. There was a half connector on the wire coming from the machine. I separated it and took the half connector off and it fitted right in there. However the code was still there. Do i need to reset that code or does it automatically reset? And if so then how do i reset the code? Once again Nige thanks for your expertise, patience, and information.

Chrisso likes this.
  7. Chrisso

Chrisso Well-Known Member

Diesel Mechanic
    Turning the battery isolator off for a few minutes and back on again usually does it.

If you don’t have one disconnect your battery... Let us know if that works.

8. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Doesn’t the machine also have to move a few revolutions of the travel motor to produce a kosher signal from the sensor.?

Try doing both and see if the Code disappears.

9. Chrisso

Diesel Mechanic
    Good point Nige.

10. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Member

Nige you and Chrisso are genius. You guys instructed me to the fix to my problem( a complete novice with no real formal training) by process of elimination. I got it up on blocks by lifting the rear with my backhoe and used the bucket of the skid steer to elevate the front. Then i raised the cab(very easily by instructions from you tube). That way i was able to access that speed sensor from under the cab and the bottom of the machine. I took the old speed sensor out with the allen screw, changed it, unhooked the battery for 5 minutes, and whatta ya know? Boom... PROBLEM SOLVED. Again thanks for you patience nd expertise

11. Chrisso

Diesel Mechanic
    You got it sorted Bill that's the main thing. You're welcome.

Nige likes this.