• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

259 D3 hydraulic line exit to UC

Cpaine

Stopped by the cat dealer today for some grease and coolant to install a new block heater. While there I took a quick look at a new 259D3 and noticed that the lines coming out of the body to the undercarriage drive motors have been updated with a nice seal to keep all the crap out.

Not sure if any of you have a new D3 but I would like to see if maybe my older 2014 259 can be retrofitted with this seal. I really hate all the dirt and junk that builds up from where the hydraulic lines exit the body.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGT1fgjwcU8JSHHdA

rGT1fgjwcU8JSHHdA

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Hopefully it prevents the lines from chaffing thru on the frame. That old design was a complete fail IMO.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That looks nice but what strikes me right off are those soft headed body bolts. Just a little bit of wear and corrosion and you have a heck of a time getting them out.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We need a way to donate $ for a beer (or whatever you’re into) fund!
FTL01098
Not when you hear the price you won't..!!
The upgrade is available for MTL-prefix machines. Description is - "Installing the 528-0150 Clamp Kit (Hydrostatic) for 259D Compact Track Loaders"
The Special Instruction containing the installation instructions is M0080208. PM me with your email address if you'd like a copy.
Price - $2400 or thereabouts.

Cpaine

Not when you hear the price you won't..!!
The upgrade is available for MTL-prefix machines. Description is - "Installing the 528-0150 Clamp Kit (Hydrostatic) for 259D Compact Track Loaders"
The Special Instruction containing the installation instructions is M0080208. PM me with your email address if you'd like a copy.
Price - $2400 or thereabouts.
WOW

Is that an installed by dealer price? I hope so!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
No, that's the price to buy the kit from the dealer Parts Counter. "Some home assembly may be required" (© IKEA)
Everything may become clearer when you see how much work is involved in the installation of the kit and how much it contains in the way of parts.

Cpaine

Thanks again Nige. I don’t thing it would be worth the upgrade cost unless I have a reason to replace the hydro lines. Good info for sure.

Cpaine

Wishing I already did this today. Lost a line, right where is comes out of the frame!!!!

f311fr1

On our 299D2 we wrapped the lines with a piece of carpet tile. Carpet side toward the lines, rubber backing toward the opening in the machine.