• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

226b noisy hydraulics when turning

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
my 226b (cat0226bemjh03996) has a whine when turning in either direction. the whine has been present ever since we bought it used, but it seems to have gotten louder and the machine doesnt move as fast driving or operating the lift/tilt cylinders, as it used to. Which leads me to believe its an issue with the main hyd pump or main hyd. circuit. The filters and oil are new and the hyd tank is clean. Are there any inline filters/screens that i should check?

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
no i did not, i believe i still have the filter here, ill do that and let you know what i find

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
yea ive done it quite a few times, using a hacksaw and going very slow. but ty for the video link, very good video. i never knew they made an actual "filter cutting tool" i learned something new today.

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
well i managed to keep the metal from falling into the filter. and heres the results, cleaner than i was expecting. not a spec of metal in the filter.

20240420_100904.jpg

quiksilvr

Occupation
mad scientist
ok just making sure. i wish i had the proper guages to do pressure tests. ill see if i can borrow some guages