• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2021 Bobcat E42 R2 Purchase - Disconnected Wire Harness?

A.J. Dirt

Hi All, I have been reading a fair bit on the forum and just joined as I bought my first piece of equipment.

I went to pull the battery for the cold months up here in Canada and I noticed a harness termination plug was disconnected and left open. It is now spring and I have my first job coming up ever as a business and I do not want to damage the machine, does anyone know what this terminal plug does?

(I am actively shopping for a paperback full service manual which would tell me too.)

Mainly I want to know if it is safe to plug back in and it won't reset a bunch of stuff.

I made a video about it here:

thx , AJ

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
I have a 2019 E42 bought new, you might find unused connectors for various options not installed. Did not look at the video though.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
What? New Guy A.J Dirt.
I did watch the video to try and figure out what your question was. That multi-pin connecter is the diagnostic link that connects to the Bobcat Service Tool.

I feel this was more of a plug for your YouTube channel vs a legit question. Especially, for a first post. Maybe go to the new member forum and introduce yourself. Then, we can welcome you to the HEF.

A.J. Dirt

Yes then it is safe to close up. The machine has 10 hours and it was not staged or an engineered plug for a channel (no pun intended :) - it would be a pretty $$ way to have a channel don't you think? interesting perspective though. I posted also for the bobcat dealer and sent them here, for which they confirmed this as well by checking the video. The clock is getting tight on my first job so I needed to know what this was so I don't reset anything with some jumpered wires and maybe not be able to start the machine.

and Yes I am the "New Guy", I have been reading this site for years so I don't really feel new - a matter of perspective again. I was not aware about the protocols to post on the forum and that I must introduce myself first and then be welcomed to post.

I'll go do that, it is good idea anyhow to join a community.

Thx for the advice and answering the question.

Last edited:

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi All, I have been reading a fair bit on the forum and just joined as I bought my first piece of equipment.

I went to pull the battery for the cold months up here in Canada and I noticed a harness termination plug was disconnected and left open. It is now spring and I have my first job coming up ever as a business and I do not want to damage the machine, does anyone know what this terminal plug does?

(I am actively shopping for a paperback full service manual which would tell me too.)

Mainly I want to know if it is safe to plug back in and it won't reset a bunch of stuff.

I made a video about it here:
thx , AJ
AJ that is the diagnostic plug for the tool .What is your serial number and email ? I can send you a pdf and you can print it out .