1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

2020 Cat 299D3XE Land management

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by Connor Gardiner, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Connor Gardiner

Connor Gardiner New Member

Hi I need some help our machine is throwing codes:
    523601-0 (high e.g.t temperature)
    3246-0 (D.P.F High Outlet temp)
    The machine will start then go to about 3/4-7/8 throttle and runs all auxiliary fans. After approximately 10 minutes it goes back down to idle, I would go back to running the machine but I am afraid it’s going to go into limp mode and lock me into the cab. Please help

2. Connor Gardiner

S/N is :CAT0299DVBX901985

3. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    First thing I would suggest is to confirm the Exhaust temperature sensor reading using a non-contact thermometer on the engine wherever the EGT sensor is located.
    See if the attached is any help.

Attached Files:

4. Connor Gardiner

Thank you Nile I’m sorry to take y’all’s time we are having the machine shipped off to our family dealer first thing next week to be repaired for faulty sensors.

5. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    The machine itself may well be out of warranty by now but AFAIK the emissions aftertreatment system is warranted separately for 5 years/3000 hours.
    Just take care that you don't get rooted with an invoice for a repair that should have been covered under the emissions warranty.

Gary Layton and Vetech63 like this.