• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2018 239d need help finding hydraulic drain plug

MACaFE Landscape

I need to flush my system and change fluid and filter due to an employee putting about a gallon of diesel into the hydraulic tank. Does this sound like what I should do to remedy the diesel situation?

But I am having trouble locating drain line or plug, I thought it was under the Cab but can't find it . Any Help would be awesome and a picture would be great if possible
Thanks
Ruch

Reuben Frazier

I’ve never owned a 239 but all of our larger machines have a hose under the cab with a plug in it next to the belly pan hatch. It’s simply a hose flopping around that’s capped off, we remove the belly pan and drain it into a tub, it’s really easy to do. I’d think they were all basically the same but I’ve been wrong before lol

As for if flushing it is the right thing to do I’m out on that question, let the much more knowledgeable guys on here answer that for you. I’m sure they will ask if the machine was operated with the diesel in it. If it wasn’t a simple drain should do it I would think but if operated then I’m clueless, that’s a big boo boo with some stupid expensive parts on the line. The best of luck, I’m in for the responses,,

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Cmark has given you the info you need for this particular case but long-term you might benefit from having an Operation & Maintenance Manual. It can be downloaded from a Cat website for around $50. Post a Serial Number to ensure the manual is the correct one and I can walk you through the process.