1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

2016 Kubota SVL 90-2 losing power going uphill. Any suggestions? Thx!

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by Nathaniel P Gutchess, Jun 29, 2020.

1. skata

skata Senior Member

You could upload to YouTube.

2. Nathaniel P Gutchess

Nathaniel P Gutchess Active Member

3. skata

skata Senior Member

It's kind of hard to tell what is going on.

4. Nathaniel P Gutchess

Yeah, I know. When I hit the hill you can hear the machine labor. I’ve got to get my wife to get closer!

5. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

The only useful part is the very end, I would expect the engine to rev back up and then quiet down at the higher no load speed if the engine was bogging down. I don't THINK I heard that.

6. Nathaniel P Gutchess

It did pick up speed as it got to a lesser grade.

7. Nathaniel P Gutchess

Can anyone tell me if this fuel petcock is on or off? This is how I’ve received it. Typically it runs parallel with the line for on??

Attached Files:

8. skata

skata Senior Member

Usually valve handles should be parallel to be open. Perpendicular to valve to be closed.

9. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    It would seem to me that if a drive motor was going out, you would really have to fight the machine to keep it from favoring the weak side while it is in travel. If it is doing that than the drive could be bad. It would be interesting to hook up a hydraulic attachment, like a rock rake , street sweeper or something similar with an orbital motor and see if it has the hyd. power to run it.

10. skata

skata Senior Member

But how are the pumps setup on this machine? The drives could have a separate dedicated pump.

11. Nathaniel P Gutchess

I am having to favor one side pretty heavily. Gonna block it up and make sure the tracks are adjusted properly, then see if I can get a mobile mechanic here to check out flow rates.

12. CMC76

CMC76 Active Member

I was going to say that is just how they behave on grades until I watched the video. That grade doesn't appear very steep.
    I cut in the road on my new land last year, at the peak was 14% grade. I definitely was losing speed on that grade. Brought a case dozer out to cut to a more acceptable peak of about 8% at its worst transition. The dozer would track up it fine with zero hesitation. But my c238 still does not love the high grade with a full bucket. But the dozer and skid steer are nowhere near the same function.
    Your machine and mine are about the same hours, I've got a little more. But your grade looks less. If I were you, start saving for parts and see what the flow rates are. Granted your machine is for making money, mine is for personal use. But 3000 hrs +, have to be realistic with expectations

13. Nathaniel P Gutchess

Just got it back from Kubota, my hydraulic flow is really good. My left track was too tight. Dealer insists it’s normal and recommends just running it.

14. JTWAT

JTWAT Well-Known Member

Dumb question but do you have it in low range when you climb the hill?

15. Nathaniel P Gutchess

16. Legdoc

Legdoc Senior Member

You said the hydraulic flow was good. What about the pressure? Also will the machine switch from low to high speed? Assuming both speeds work try low speed at 3/4 to full throttle have the arms down and push into a non movable object such as a large tree. See if both tracks spin. Whats the condition of the rollers and idlers. Lift the machine off the ground and with the tracks sagging are the rollers free, loose or seized?