• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2016 Kubota SVL 90-2 losing power going uphill. Any suggestions? Thx!

skata

Just throwing this out there. Maybe that is just the way it is. I demoed a 299D a couple years ago, new machine. I was stockpiling dirt which required hauling material up a steep hill. The machine (which was the regular 299 not the higher hp version) struggled taking an 84" bucket full of material up the hill. Ran fine other than its ability to track material up a steep grade.
That can't be normal.

Nathaniel P Gutchess

I now notice that my machine is pulling to the left, I’m wondering about the final drive motor may be going. Tried the water separator bypass and still dogging up grades.
Any other suggestions before it goes to the dealer?

Attachments

• 04D0BC9D-A453-4DD8-99DC-47D45615873B.png
    04D0BC9D-A453-4DD8-99DC-47D45615873B.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 2

skata

Do you get a lot of black smoke when it struggles? Have you removed the oil fill cap to check for blowby? You changed air filters?

skata

I have changed every filter and all fluids on the machine. How do I check for blowby? There is zero black smoke and the engine runs strong. Thanks for answering!
just remove the oil cap with the engine running. You shouldn't see a lot of 'air' coming out. You say it runs strong but it bogs down going uphill? Contradiction there

skata

So the rpms don't drop going uphill?
What type of hydraulic fluid did you put in?

skata

Kubota hydraulic oil ISO 46. It just keeps making motor noise, but no power. Almost stops on a 10 degree slope, full throttle.
Ok. It sounds to me like you have a hydraulic issue. Either worn pumps or drive motors. Maybe that's why the machine got sent to auction.

skata

I'd think the next step is to test the hydraulic pump pressure. Not sure how many pumps your machine has. Maybe it has a dedicated pump for the drives. If you don't have gauges, then you'll have to take machine to dealer or someone.

Delmer

The rpms stay up, but the machine just slows down. I'll check for blowby. Should it be heavy rpm?

Well, the Rpm’s die down, therefore don’t believe it’s the transmission slipping, but anything’s possible. You mention the fuel/water separator inlet clogged, if this was the case wouldn’t it happen all the time? I’ll look for it and try and clean out. Thank you all for your replies.

The rpms stay up, but the machine just slows down. I'll check for blowby. Should it be heavy rpm?

One or the other, knowing which will point you in the righter direction.