• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2016 bobcat s530

Kevin P G

Hi Peeps! Just wanted to start saying, i learn a lot from you guys and im a newbie in skidsteers.. im looking to buy my first used bobcat.. and was wondering what is this piece on the picture is? and is it normal to rust... i ask that for the reason all similar s530 that are for sale, all of them seemed to be painted in grey and no rust at all... just wondering if i should stay away or not... sorry still dont know how to post images so heres the link

this is the one that looks good.. even the tube looks painted
https://ibb.co/7Gzv3XH

and this one is the one that im Looking at
https://ibb.co/3B1PKhw

thank you!

Last edited:

partsandservice

The rusty part you are having questions about is a replacement high pressure fuel pump. It is rusty because it is a replacement pump that was not painted with the original assembly. The external rust will have no effect on the operation of the pump.

Kevin P G

The rusty part you are having questions about is a replacement high pressure fuel pump. It is rusty because it is a replacement pump that was not painted with the original assembly. The external rust will have no effect on the operation of the pump.
Thank you for your reply!

partsandservice

Yea you did, right after I responded here I scrolled to the skid steer forum and there it was again. Newbie without etiquette.