• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2016 bobcat e50 keeps dying.

banditman

Just bought a 2016 bobcat e 50 2500 hours and I have not got even a single hour out of it yet. Took it out to are little gravel pit for about an hour last night and machine started to stumble and die. It will start back up and run for a short time but soon it just dies again especially at high rpm. It has winter diesel and antigel in it and it really isnt that cold but i limped it back to are shed and turned the heater on and let it sit all day in 60 degrees plus and dumped the fuel filter out and re primed the fuel system with the fuel primer bulb but is still doing the same thing. It starts runs for a short time and dies got these error codes e00157-21 and e001076-16. Called a dealer and they had me fill the fuel tank all the way up the filler neck to see if the fuel tank pickup had come off. It hadn't so they didn't know what could be wrong. So any one got any idea what could be wrong with this thing?

Aarons81

Would these have a electric lift pump? Does it fire right back up after it dies? Is the run time about the same each times? I would start with blowing air back through system into the tank. Then Change filters and see what happens.

banditman

Would these have a electric lift pump? Does it fire right back up after it dies? Is the run time about the same each times? I would start with blowing air back through system into the tank. Then Change filters and see what happens.

If you turn the key completely off it will restart and run for a few seconds each time. Cycling the plugs im assuming is why it will start. I cant see that it has a lift pump. Im trying to get a filter nearest dealer is hours away.

banditman

If you turn the key completely off it will restart and run for a few seconds each time. Cycling the plugs im assuming is why it will start. I cant see that it has a lift pump. Im trying to get a filter nearest dealer is hours away.

Drained and replaced fuel with fresh winter fuel. Blew fuel lines out still no change hope to have a fuel filter tomorrow.

banditman

should the tank breath when i blew air through the fuel tank and re hooked the line there was air trapped in the tank when the cap was removed.

banditman

Update finally had to go get a dealer to come look at it and they pulled the tank and pumped it out changed the fuel filter blew the lines out and it changed exactly nothing. So they started doing tests with the laptop and it showed nothing wrong with the machine as well. So after hours of messing around we finally did an injector leak back test i think he called it and the number 4 injector failed big time. So just waiting on an injector at the moment

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
When you took off the filter off was it full of fuel?

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Are you losing power to the fuel shut off when you let go of the key

banditman

there is an update kit from bobcat to fix this problem that gives you a new filter head and much larger filter. Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem

Aarons81

Glad you got it figured out., hope you finally get to put some hours running it instead of working on it