• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2014 Case sv250 controls not responding once in awhile

Have a 2014 case sv250 with mechanical hand controls. only 40 hrs on it . Every once in a while the controls wont respond much or feel very sluggish .. They sound like there struggling like when your maxing out the machine with weight. They grunt loud when trying . It only happens when im trying to turn the machine either way . Not at all when im lifting material only when turning. This last winter when i tried turning after going into a snow pile the machine died. This was the first time it did that . Tuff to explain but maybe somebody has had this problem. Any updates for this machine? Going to take it to the dealer cause its under warranty but looking for info first about it.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Its hard to pinpoint a issue like this, so this is just my speculation. Sounds like you have low engine power.

Are you operating the machine at full throttle? If you run the machine at low idle, the torque curve of the engine is not there.
Turbo failure and the exhaust filter plugging are common issues, which is not likely at 40hrs. Maybe a fuel issue. There were some machines that they did not clean out the drillings from the fuel tank.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Is travel speed in high when this happens?

bartelbe

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Technician
Is travel speed in high when this happens?
Shouldnt matter on the alpha skidsteers, only time i have been able to "kill" the engine is on the EHF equiped unit and it took ehf,aux and 2spd all stalled out and even then it took some effort. As GH stated this would be difficult to diagnose on a forum also complicating it is the fact that its sounds as it is a intermittent issue. But i have seen 2 similar complaints and both where being caused by fuel injectors but where not intermittent and where on the mechanical fuel injection pump equipped units. But 2014 i believe should have the common rail fuel system. Tier4A