• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2014 bobcat t590 10w30

Caseystreeremoval

I have a NH 218 skid steer that the dealer recommends running 10w30 for the hydraulic system. Is it ok to do the same in the bobcat t590? When I asked the salesman yesterday he claimed bobcat hydraulic oil just says that on the bottle so he didn’t know and obviously recommended buying the bobcat oil

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Bobcat sure works hard to avoid telling you what weight their hyd. oil is. Just doing a search, I couldn't find it. If your trading off attachment use between the NH and the BC, they are obviously going to contaminate one and other. Maybe a BC guy on here knows more.

Txhayseed

There have been plenty of times when replacing a hose where the machine has dumped alot of fluid and i ran out of hydraulic fluid that i filled the rest with 15w40. John deere uses 15w40 for hydraulic is some of its machines. I wouldn't fill my bobcats system up with motor oil but if you get some cross over from attachments here and there its not going to be catastrophic..we have several brands from bobcat, deere, tak, kubota and they all call for there own blend of hydraulic. But they all get used with the same grapples, mowers, planner ect. Never been an issue for us. We fill all machines when repairs are made or hydraulic fluid gets low with a universal hydraulic fluid.. I honestly don't think there are many fluids out there these days that fall short of meeting manufacturers requirements if its a high quality well known brand. Of course some dealer supplied fluids have their on special blend of 7 herbs and spices. We dont use them and our machines get run hard, put up wet, sometimes not even put up at all and its never been an issue for us.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Good question. I’ve always purchased the Bobcat oil, just because. But now, I’m curious who blends it. I just texted an old friend who works at Bobcat in Gwinner ND. I’ll share what he says.

Mike_IUOE

Occupation
Operating Engineer
I was told Bobcats hyd oil was similar to an iso32. I ran that in my t300 because Bobcat's oil was so pricey. I worked for a company that had around 20 Bobcat skid loaders in their fleet, and they ran ISO46 in all their equipment. Most of them had over 4k hours on them and they didnt seem to have many problems. So I'm guessing it's not super critical, but I'd still run what the manufacture recommends.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
There are some old threads that talk about Bobcat using Exon Mobile DTE 15. The older MSDS confirms it.

Now, it appears that Bobcat is marketing a version of Mobile DTE 10 Excel with orange dye. No proof, just what my acquaintance told me.

Bumpa of 4

Hi . . I am brand new as of 5 min ago . . . So if I goof things up I apologize . . It won’t be the first time.
I recently purchased a 2014 Bobcat T590. While operating it a couple days ago the tilt lift warning came on with a code of w3239. Shortly there after it locked up and I was unable to get it work. I’ve done the internet and YouTube research and it is pointing me towards a wiring issue or a solenoid valve coil issue . . . I talked to the Bobcat dealer and without looking at it they couldn’t make a determination of what was happening. Since I can’t get the lift tilt to work there was no way to get it on a trailer to transport it to the dealer . . . I am looking for some direction on how I should proceed in rectifying this issue . . . Thx in advance!