• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 Yanmar Vio 45 issues

B16racereg6

Hello all I am new here I’ve been reading on here for about two years. I am unable to located any information on my current issue.

Today while running my Yanmar excavator it stopped kicked the low oil light with the buzzer. No signs or symptoms before hand so I wasn’t to worried. I looked around fluids ok no leaks ect.

I checked my fuse’s and the 5amp fuse was blown. This fuse is for radio that I don’t have and controller ( I have no idea what that is!)

I swapped the fuse went to fire it up and it blew as soon as the key was cracked for power. So I am guessing I have a short some place or there is a common part that needs to be replaced. Anyone have this issue before or have any ideas were I should start to look? The excavator was a rental at one point and has 2400 hours.

Thank you.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I would start with the rental house and see if maybe they have the service manual stashed somewhere for it. While I was asking, I'd mention, hey this is what's happening, have you guys experienced this? Might ring a bell for someone.
I wish I could offer better, but unfortunately have no experience with that product.

B16racereg6

Update, it appears my excavator had a 5amp fuse in a 15amp area.

it started up, but it seemed off, I pulled the lift / fuel pump bench tested it no power. I think it was running off gravity fed fuel. So I have a pump on the way stay tuned !

B16racereg6

Replaced the fuse and fuel pump runs line a champ again….. blew a hard line last night by the boom. Lol not upset annoyed a little but I will fix this also and do all my fluids and filters. This is still by far the best thing I’ve ever bought ! I will snap a few photos and show you guys for this repair !