• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 Takeuchi TB180 fr No throttle/hydraulics

MDitty

So I just purchased a This excavator and used it multiple times doing some light digging with no issues. A few days later I start it up to move it and it won't move. I have no throttle or hydraulics. It will start with throttle at half way up but goes into decel modeafter 4 seconds and just idles. I have ohmed the limit switch in left armrest and also the 3 roller switches on main boom and all are good. All fluid levels are up and no idiot lights are on. It is sitting level. I am waiting for the owners manual to show up but maybe someone has had this issue and a solution. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

redranch

Did you figure out the problem? If not sure wish someone would reply with the answer as I have the same machine and might have this problem some day. I have had mine about a year with no problems yet, knock on wood.

heymccall

I only has 4 TB180FR machines, so, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer.
First off, the 3 switches on the boom, even if misadjusted or broken, will not impede travel, blade, swing, bucket or arm, only boom.
Second, if the throttle is impeded only, the engine control button on the right pilot handle is suspect.
If zero hydraulics work, the pilot lockout solenoid is suspect.
If both exist, then a fuse or wiring integrity is suspect.

MDitty

Well I have solved the throttle issue. The right button on the right joy stick controls the throttle and overrides the orange decel button. I now have full throttle control but still no hydraulics. Pulled covers off yesterday and will check the seloniods when the manual shows up so I'll know what I'm looking at.

MDitty

Where is the pilot lockout solenoid located? Is it the under left armrest? I unplugged that earlier and ohmed it..it tested fine. I didn't bypass it but will try that tonight. Hope the manual shows up soon.

heymccall

Solenoid for lockout is one of two circled. I believe the outer most is pilot lockout, and inboard is 2 speed travel.
Key on, depress 2 speed on travel handle, rabbit light on, and a screwdriver will stick to end of inboard solenoid thread protrusion.
Pilot enabled and screwdriver will stick to threaded stem on other.
IIRC, the solenoid may have an actuator pin in the bore. Do not lose it if removing solenoid. It can only be purchased with a new solenoid assy.
Picture of location
Screenshot_20220627-111227_Drive.jpg

And below is schematic for 17840001 and up. 1783.... series is different schematic.

Attachments

• TB180 Tier 4 McCall 178401295.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

MDitty

That is awesome.. can't wait to get home and test it. Thank you and will post findings when I know something.

MDitty

Well I don't like it when work time gets in the way of playtime, but finally got time to tilt the cab and check the pilot lockout solenoid. Tried the screwdriver test and exactly right except my wires were chewed. Solenoid was good just had to splice wires and away it went. Thank you for the help heymccall, I and anyone else that may encounter this issue certainly appreciate your expertise. Sorry no pics but was getting dark and to happy to be running again.