• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 Cat 259 B3 Losing power when running low on fuel

poky1234

Hi Nige,
Sorry for late reply. Here is # CAT0259BKYYZ02463. The Cat is still running great. Have gone done to the yellow fuel light. I understand what your saying and the dealer has been good to me in trying to fix the problem. I had 30 days warranty. They replaced the fuel pump trying to fix problem . They said they drained the tank and blew the line. If they did blow the line they should have seen how tight it was and that there was no in line filter. They told us to continue draining the tank and blowing out suction line ahead of the in line filter. It is when we did that we discovered the tight line and no filter. We questioned whether they did blow the line because had they, they would have seen how tight it was and that there was no inline filter.
I hope my experience helps other forum members solve their own problem.
I thank you and all the forum members for helping me solve mine. This is a great service.
Doug

mattscat

when you experienced this was it losing its ability to move forward. mine is acting up badly. very randomly. when i stop moving it seams to clear up, and after a few feet it loses ability to move forward, turn etc. dealer at a loss. will check fuel cap, its a yyz, need to find that suction line. I'm concerned its hydraulic related or something.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Would be best if you start a new thread, also please post serial number for best results
When machine is slowing forward motion does the engine speed also decrease?
Is machine travel affected going in reverse or turning?
Any other history, recent repairs services etc
How did the problem start?
Mark

mattscat

Would be best if you start a new thread, also please post serial number for best results
When machine is slowing forward motion does the engine speed also decrease?
Is machine travel affected going in reverse or turning?
Any other history, recent repairs services etc
How did the problem start?
Mark
I started a new thread, see mattscat.
Thanks for help.