• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2011 international 7500

Don.S

My boss is looking at a 2011 international with a maxxforce 10. The truck is in very nice shape and set up for snow. From everything i have read about these trucks i said run away but he is interested because the price is very good and it is much newer then any of our other plow trucks. 20200824_143924.jpg 20200824_144329.jpg 20200824_144453.jpg

suladas

Internationals are cheaper because the maxforce is garbage and internationals have a lot of wiring issues.

The maxforce 13/15 isn’t as bad, but still a bad engine, I wouldn’t own any of the others at any price. Some people are so fed up with them they are swapping Cummins in.

Don.S

Thats what i figured and told the boss. Minds greater then mine shall make the last decision i gave my advice and said dont call me in my tractor to come plow roads after i finish my route.
He had a truck shop tell him that is the better of the maxxforce engines but i feel that is like saying diarrhea is better then vomiting. Neither are very good.

suladas

If you want another good reason to avoid Maxxforce, it's got so bad Ritchie Bro's won't even finance anything with a Maxxforce engine, that's says a lot about how bad they are. From what I heard, so many people were just giving up trucks with them and telling the finance companies to take them.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Sounds like the years of the 6.0's and the 6.4's after the 7.3. So bad Ford made their own in house diesel. Last International that was worthy is the DT466 in my opinion.