• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2011 Case Tr270 started and ran then stopped

Maxpower1203

my 2011 Case skid steer Tr270 started and ran then stopped. After I started the machine and waited 10 minutes nothing was wrong, but while i started to run 2 to 5 minutes then it stopped. Mostly it stopped while i turning around. After the machine stopped, could not start up easily, always had to tried few times to get it started, and came up an alarm code# 1004, also sometimes I saw code#3000 and then disappeared . don't know if i change the hydraulic filter it will make a different or not .
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would check the codes and address whatever they are. My next stop would be to replace the fuel filters.

Maxpower1203

Thanks KS,
I will change all filters and see . Today, I disconnected the heavy duty gripper attachment and switched to the bucket, clean the undercarriage found 2 big rocks stuck in backside of the undercarriage. After I cleaned everything and started the machine, kept cranked 2-3 times and then fire up, ran 10-15 minutes the alarm came out again code numbers:1004 :Hydraulic oil filter rpestriction, good news the machine didn't died even I turned around. I don't know if I keep running with the alarm It will stop machine or not. Anyway I don't want to try to run the machine while there's a alarm. I will go to buy the filters tomorrow and try.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If I recall on that machine, if the yellow light comes on you could run it short term. It you get the red one with an explaination point, you need to shut it down.

Maxpower1203

Welcome to HEF @Maxpower1203
Code #3000 is air filter restriction - You may need to show that machine a little more love...... :rolleyes:
Thanks alrman

I just bought the machine this Friday, 31k $C 1927 hours from Case dealer. I went there checked the track and undercarriage and engine oil and any damaged, tested drive no problem. They didn't cleaned the machine all mud and gravel which stuck inside undercarriage undercarriage. I checked the all rollers bearings all good. The saler said the owner always took care the machine and serviced done, now I know it was not true

Last edited:

Maxpower1203

Today the dealer send me all filters and oil. According to my manual engine oil is use 10w-30. The dealer gave me 15w-40 for engine oil and 18liters 10w-30 engin oil replace hydraulic oil. Also according to the manual the hydraulic system is 31liters . Do I need to buy more 10w-30 engine oil to put in hydraulic system?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
yes, the hyd system is 10-30 the engine is 15-40

Maxpower1203

Changed all filters, hydraulic oil was almost empty, cleaned the level Guage saw nothing there, drained out only 4 liters hydraulic fluid. I put 28 liters 10w-30 oil in , and changed engine oil as 10w-30, in and out air filters, now machine no more alarm. Easy to start and ran half hour but still died while I push more power and tried to turn fast

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Typically 15/40 is used for the engine, but 10/30 could be an alternative weight in cold weather. That said, I am not sure why it is still dying, perhaps an injection issue? You did replace the fuel filters as well?

Last edited: