• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2008 Kubota U35 New Hour Meter Not Working

knockonwood

I recently had Kubota work on my machine and the digital hour meter had stopped working at 1776 hrs. They said when the hour meter stops you have to buy a whole new gauge assembly. They wanted over $1800 for one but I called other dealerships and found one for $1100. I get the machine back and now the hour meter is stuck at 0.0 and they told me its probably a bad part. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or some sequence of buttons to push to get the hour meter working?

knockonwood

Also just noticed the tachometer does not work on the other digital view. I wonder if the sensor that feeds the tachometer could also supply the data for the hour meter. Any thoughts? My local dealer is telling me its a bad part but they also say they have no way to test the part to see if its bad. Any thoughts on this? The old part was doing the same thing.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day KOW
Do you have a wiring diagram for your machine with that we can help trouble shooting, if not may I suggest you contact the dealer and get one.
Kind regards
Uffex

knockonwood

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking over the workshop manual and can't find a good wiring diagram. I called the Kubota dealer that replaced the console and they are opening a case with Kubota technical support. They think it's a bad part but not sure the odds of having two bad parts in a row. With the tachometer also not working, I wonder if the tach sensor could be bad and if that's what feeds data to the hour meter. They said when the key is on the hour meter should start running. I will update this soon as I here back from Kubota.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day KOW
It seems a little strange that the hr meter should run with the key on, this breaks with the convention that the Hr meter counts the time the machine is in use not the key switch being left in the on position, most machines that develop the kind of fault you have originate from the alternator diodes but without a electrical schematic its difficult to spot. I suggest you pursue getting a schematic if you intend to keep the machine for sure you may need that at some stage.
Kind regards
Uffex

LACHAU

Also just noticed the tachometer does not work on the other digital view. I wonder if the sensor that feeds the tachometer could also supply the data for the hour meter. Any thoughts? My local dealer is telling me its a bad part but they also say they have no way to test the part to see if its bad. Any thoughts on this? The old part was doing the same thing.
How the dealer could say like that??!!
I attached a file that guide how to test the monitor controller for your reference.

U35-3 self test.png

U35-3.png

Attachments

• KUBOTA U35-3 Panel Self Test Tool.pdf
    622.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

knockonwood

Thanks for the response and flashing arrows :) I need all help I can get. I'm going to check out these diagrams and see were to start troubleshooting. I will let you know what I find out.

LACHAU

Good day KOW
Do you have a wiring diagram for your machine with that we can help trouble shooting, if not may I suggest you contact the dealer and get one.
Kind regards
Uffex
Here you are.

K00A.png

K00B.png
K02.png

Attachments

• U35_45-3(S) (KX91_161-3) Electrical System.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 8

knockonwood

Thanks for all your help. I took it back to my local Kubota dealership and looks like the wiring for the tachometer was not installed correctly. Once they fixed that the hour meter and tach started working again.