1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

2007 T-800 new and unusable

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by Wawrecker, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

Very nice!!:thumbsup

2. Ford LT-9000

Ford LT-9000 Banned

Rolling around in the dirt
    The truck looks good :yup

Atleast they got the frame fixed for ya now its time to make money with the truck. The only thing I see missing is a auto tarp :thumbsup

3. Wawrecker

Wawrecker Well-Known Member

A company I was with about 6-7 years ago used one on a simular truck and I found they were replacing the tarp alot due to the tarp getting cut frequently and it gave the driver no reason to get out of the cab and make sure the box was ready and clean.

4. Ford LT-9000

Ford LT-9000 Banned

I can see the tarp getting damaged. If all your hauling is heavy debris you really don't need a tarp.

With the truck being a hooklift you can be a little more multi-purpose over a conventional rail rolloff.

It will be curious how well the truck works out I have heard hooklifts don't have the pulling power like a conventional rails. All what we have out here and what I drove is conventional rails. Some of the 40 yard bins of soaking wet garbage was frigging heavy the poor truck struggled pulling the bins on.

5. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Senior Member

She does look real good!!

The only thing I can see that I might have a concern over is the stainless full fenders over the tandems. I had a set like them on my last truck. They looked very nice, and worked well, but developed cracks midpoint between the tandems, starting from the edges and working it's way towards the center on both sides. It may have been the center support on mine wasn't sturdy enough??

I thought after I should've gotton the plastic ones. They don't look as nice, but are very durable.

A minor concern for such a sweet looking rig.:thumbsup

6. Ford LT-9000

Ford LT-9000 Banned

The other problem with the stainless fender over the tandems is if the can tilts to either side you can bend the fender. Myself I would rather have a stainless fender they look better you can never have enough shiny stuff on a work truck :bouncegri

7. Wawrecker

Wawrecker Well-Known Member

The bed is rated at 52,000lbs, Ive ran a chain system and a hooklift in the past and much prefer the hook. As far as versatility, you cant beat a hook. Since the bed ends at the end of the frame, we were able to put a dirt truck style hitch with a wet line to pull a pup and dump. The first run we made with it monday was with a Trailmax 3 axle tilt deck hauling our ex-200 Hitachi. Gross weight was just under 93,000lbs. It towed just fine. I struggled with plastic or aluminum fenders for a bit. I dont like how the plastic gets that ugly oxidised white look. New fender skins run $180.00 so I will just replace them as needed.

8. CascadeScaper

CascadeScaper Senior Member

2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
    Absolutely beautiful! I love T800's. It's going to be a long time before I ever get a sweet T800 like that! A contractor around here bought an older T800 from a demolition company in Seattle, Inner City Demoliton, ring a bell? Our local guy has been dropping 40 yard hook lift roll offs for us to dispose of some job waste, the system works extremely well. He can put 20,000# in each bin, running right around 90K gross with a pup. We're hauling steel pipe to Seattle to recycle it.

9. Ford LT-9000

Ford LT-9000 Banned

The one thing about the hooklift its pull on the bin and go no messing with the tie down chains on the end of the rails like on a conventional rail truck.

You should get a flatdeck,gravel box,water tank for road watering and fire fighting and a bunch of bins.

10. farmerted44

farmerted44 Well-Known Member

heavy equipment operator
    WOW !!!!
    are you happy with it?? a lot of trouble you had to deal with . congrats is in order ...... i would be in prison for shooting up a kross walker dealership!!1

11. jazak

jazak Senior Member

:thumbsup Very nice :thumbsup That hook lift must be very nice since you can switch and leave bodies at jobs.

12. CAT ONLY

CAT ONLY Active Member

very nice:thumbsup

13. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

any action shots?

14. thejdman04

thejdman04 Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your truck. It seems there is no quality control or pride in peoples work anymore. No one stands behind their product. I bought a new dump box for my brand new truck. One corner of the box is 2 1/2 inches higher then the other. I called the dealer who sold it to me, they said be glad thats all it is off. I welded the box on, the dealer said (i installed the box myself), if you want to cut the box off and well get you a new one you can, but the new one may be worse. They said usually we just bend the headache rack (cab protector) it make it appear level.

15. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

I would have went back there screaming and hollering. i would have been the loudest man in 5 counties.

I have ZERO Patience for that lowest bidder crap anymore.

this is how dump boxes SHOULD BE! http://www.roguetruckbody.com/

16. CAT ONLY

CAT ONLY Active Member

Rouge makes the nicest boxes in my opinion.

17. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    I'd rather have a Reliance box over a Rogue!

18. ddot430

ddot430 Member

give back and get a peterbilt:notworthy

19. crash935

crash935 Well-Known Member

Co-Owner of Lakeland Transportation
    You do know that Kenworths and Peterbilts are built in the same plants, right?

20. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

The T300 and the Pete 330 Medium duty trucks are the ONLY peterbilt/kenworth's built in in the same state. EVERY OTHER Peterbilt AND kenworth is made in separate plants.

The Medium duty pete/Kw's are made up in canada.

Peterbilt just announced that their closing there Tennessee plant. Denton, TX will remain open as the sole Peterbilt plant for the other model trucks.

Paccar is the parent company of both manufacturers

Everyone knows the Best peterbilts were built in california though:D