• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2007 Genie S60 Engine won't turn off

Skmurp59

I have a Genie S60 serial number 16590 with a Deutz D2011L03i. The lift starts and everything functions ok. When you try to turn it off it won't die. The Emergency kill buttons and the key have no effect. Anyone have this problem?

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
Maybe a silly question, but is it turbocharged? (all the 2011's I've seen are) and does it smoke when it is running? A failed turbo leaking oil into the intake can keep an engine running even when the fuel is shut-off. In that case, it won't run by much, any load will kill it. If your engine still runs with power after it is switched off, something has failed at the fuel pump/fuel shut-off solenoid. Or some kind of wiring or key switch failure is keeping the run solenoid energized.

Skmurp59

Sorry I was gone for the weekend. No this engine is not turbocharged. I replaced the fuel shut off solenoid so its got to be a switch, relay or wiring I suppose. Anyone got an idea where to start. My first time working on this machine.

Jim D

Occupation
equipment operator
Try a test light to the wire to the solenoid. If there is power to the solenoid with the switch off, there is a wiring problem; work backwards to where there is power. If there is no power but the engine runs, there is a mechanical problem at the pump/governor. The electrical solenoid should act on a very small piston, or needle, and spring. If its stuck or missing, there is no fuel shut-off.

jatspic05

Could be a diode back feeding. I have seen on some genie models,with the check engine warning light on the ground controls go bad. They have a diode that will keep the unit running even after pushing the e stop.. Check that .

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Has the alternator been replaced recently? I can see a wire hooked to a wrong terminal on the alternator causing your problem.

woodents

Just wondering if your problem has been resolved? I have a JLG 400s with the same problem. Also any good recommendations for mechanics in the Cleveland OH. Area. Thanks!