• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 Takeuchi lt 140 value?

Hey guys, Looking at a 2006 Takeuchi lt140 fully loaded. Has 2600 hours on it. Was used by a landscaping company . No snow removal . Owner put most of hours on it. One owner. Never seen salt. Tracks are 70%. Condition is good. Original undercarriage he says. Not perfect but not beat to hell. Going to look at it this weekend . Curious was u guys think the value of it is. Anything that I should look at very closely. Don't have much experience with Takeuchi. Any advice or comments are welcome. Thanks

Skidoojunky

I'm not 100% up on Tak values but some buddies have them. If it is loaded and has cab/ac I would say $22,500-$25,000 on the high side if it is nice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I think Skidoo is right in the ballpark with the prices. I was looking for one for a couple of months. I couldn't find one within 1,000 miles with an enclosed cab and a/c.

Swannny

similar on Ironplanet have sold for high teens. I have found quite a few owners neglect to change out final drive oil in a timely fashion. Sucks because it's simple to do, but can be very costly if it isn't done.

Im alittle concerned on the 2600 hrs . Alittle higher than what I was looking for . Should I be overly concerned with these hours.
Wanting 20k not sure if its worth that. Thoughts ?

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
The best thing going for the machine is that it's Takeuchi. They're pretty tough.

Routine maintenance is more important than hours (up to a point of course.) If it was an owner operated machine, instead of employee operated, the chances are that he took better care of it. A lot depends on how often you're going to use the machine too.

Went and looked at it . Its in ok shape. It was wet around the pump or housing to the pump. Wish I Took a picture of it. Not sure exactly what they call it but it was on the end opposite of the motor. Seemed like it was seeping from a gasket . Couldn't tell 100%. Should I be totally concerned. Looking for a pic so I can show . Also the orange buttom on the left side was broken. Not sure whats it for. Aux hydros was my guess. When u push it it lights up , but wont stay down , like I think its suppose to. Whats the button do? , he says he never has used it. Has some play in the pins for the bucket , which I think is normal for hours .Brand new tracks. Any input on these problems ? Looking for a picture of the motor so I can show where it was seeping.He says it never is low in the reserve tank. Any advice or info , Thanks