• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 Cat 287B hydro interlock light

marsmanjr15

Hello thanks for having me. I have a 2006 Cat 287B with high flow XPS. about a year ago i was working with it and it just dies mid travel with a bucket full. I saw the parking brake light was on and pushed it, it went for a while and shut off again. Meaning stopped, kept hydro where it was, and engine running, just the machine went into parking mode where it was. It ended up just being the parking brake switch. replaced the switch on the upper left and its been fine.
This time the Hydraulic tool interlock switch came on the on on the upper right ( the one with the dashes around the hydraulic cylinder). It was on when i got in the machine once it was running. I noticed the right stick roller control was rolled up stuck, so while it was running it with no attachments I rolled it back and forth and settled in the middle again. I used the machine for the rest of the day and it was fine but. I started it up the next day. the hydro interlock light was still on, but while driving it now, the parking switch light comes on again and all movements of the machine come to a halt. Just like when the parking light came on by itself.
So my question is. What do i do to get the hydro interlock light off so it will not set off my parking brake switch anymore?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It sounds as though there could be a problem in the Interlock Control.
Please post a machine Serial Number. It makes finding info easier.

As a first step you ought to get into both electronic controls that are situated on the sidewalls of the cab below floor level. See the diagram below. You are actually interested more in the one on the LH side marked "B" but take a look at both while you are in there. Disconnect the main electrical connectors to both controls and look for green crusties on them along with any signs of water entry into either of the controls.

1712361577497.png