• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 ASV SR80 - overflow for hydraulics & mechanic needed..

kckc

somewhere or someone told me that if I overfilled the hydraulic oil it would come out some overflow somewhere. I overfilled it today - when I say overfilled I just mean it is full to the top but not flowing out that top, but it is likely overfull via the site glass (which I can't see through - hence the overfilling).

I overfilled in an effort to make sure low oil wasn't causing my mower to not work (different post) and then when I used it today I have oil running down the left arm. pretty good amount and appears steady, not gushing but is there any chance it's the overflow or have I now got a leaking hose in that arm?

Thanks for any help.... AND still looking for a mechanic here in Lincoln County, NC if you guys know one.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Yep it's the overflow if the oil is comming out of the arm at the bend and beside the crowd ram. :)

kckc

Yep it's the overflow if the oil is comming out of the arm at the bend and beside the crowd ram. :)

Before I get absolutely overjoyed at your answer, you are positive, absolutely positive? I only ask because another guy told me it would only overflow at the top where it was poured ?? But I really really like your answer better.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
If you lift the arms you will see a small plate about 1.5 x 1 ins welded to the underside. That is the overflow vent. It caught me out when is saw oil comming out of it, thought WTF.:)