• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2005 Wacker Neuson rd11 vibratory not working

Blacktoppaver

Hello
I have a Wacker Neuson rd11. The vibratory is not working correctly. I replaced the plastic coupling that connects the exciter motor and drum of the roller. Before I put it back together I pressed the vibratory switch to make sure the motor still turns which it does. I also changed the hydraulic filter when I was at it. I put the assembly back together but it still isn’t work correctly. Is shakes slightly but seems like is not getting full power. I checked all the hoses leading to it and it is getting hydraulic. Just wanted to see if I’m going in the right direction.
Thank you

Tags

Sent you a PM. But, if everything looks like it is working with the vibrating motor hold there be chance the exciter shaft or bearings are failing? Or the vibratory motor isn't spinning fast enough?

Blacktoppaver

Hello
I think like you said it not spinning fast enough. What do you think I should do. Should I try to get a rebuild kit for the exciter motor? Or do you think I’m better off getting a new exciter motor. Thank you

Blacktoppaver

Also I use regular hydraulic fluid. Do you think it’s possible that its too thick for the motor. Should I use thinner fluid. Thank you

wlhequipment

Occupation
Mechanic
This thread is fairly old, but did you find the problem? I’ve got an RD12 that’s doing the exact same thing.