• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2005 cat 305 engine UPDATE!!!!!!

Farmtruck

Engine rebuild update. I had a starting problem. Had to get injectors and high pressure pump rebuilt. I got the motor running tonite but I only have idle. When I turn the dial throttle stays the same rpms will not increase. I can watch the electronic actuator move the throttle arm. Also when I lower the saftey arm on left side of seat I have no operation of any hydraulics. Keep in mind I bought this machine not running so I may be missing something. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks

Farmtruck

Mark250. Thanks for the reply. Do you have experience with the Mitsubishi k4n engine? Thanks.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
you haven't replied with serial number I will guess its a DGT prefix with the K4N-IDI engine
Have you checked the links under the throttle lever cover as shown seeing as how you had the injection cartridge out

305 fuel pump.jpg

Farmtruck

Mark 250 Thanks for your reply. I am in the same place. Yes it is a dgt prefix.DGT 01589. I pulled side cover to expose timing gears and look at the governer. It seems that the governer gear is out about 4 mm than the center gear. In pic number 2 it seems that the button on the center of the arm is hitting the shaft when all is in a relaxed state. I think this is due to the governor gear no being down all the way towards the back cover thus limiting the injection pump rack the ability to fuel. Any help greatly appreciated.Not sure why that gear would have moved as I didn't rebuild the engine myself. Winter on way wanna get this Machine moving. Thanks again.

Farmtruck

I did take a pic of the timing while engine was being put together and all gears were meshed together evenly.

Farmtruck

The part you have circled if I put my finger on the lever where it is marked with the number 5 I can't slide the rack to the left it will not move to allow fuel. When the govenor spring and lever is off the rack it slides back and forth freely. This is driving me nuts for the past 2 weeks. Lol

Farmtruck

Update!!!!! Worked on Machine today. Tapped on governor gear and set it down flush with center idle gear. That now changed it to where the the governer arm button no longer rides on the governer shaft which now allows the injection pump rack to reach full fuel. Still have no throttle control. Will update with more research. Thanks all for reading.