• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2003 Terex skl873 questions

Thomas Brooks

Hello guys,

I am somewhat looking at a 2003 terex skl-873 wheel loader. It is at an auction so limited knowledge on the machine. Normally I do not buy auction machines but this loader would fit my needs pretty well, and has a coupler with bucket and forks. Anyone have any knowledge on these machines? The transmission is apparently stuck in high range but machine runs and operates good "I'm told". I am going to look at it tomorrow or Thursday so was trying to get any info i could before hand. For an almost 30,000 lb machine I was surprised to learn it has a 2 speed hydrostatic trans. Wondering if a solenoid is bad causing it to not go into low range but seems like that would be a relativity cheap easy fix before taking it to an auction I would think. Anybody know any good or bad about these machines?

Thank you