• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2003 Jcb js 160 excavator

Kio Dixon

Greetings ... I need a diagnosis of this problem i am having. Sometimes when i turn the ignition on i have all 18 monitor lights on and on the side fascia as well with a constant alarming sound and this wount go out even after the machine has started.

I dont know if this is link to a single issue or it can be cause from multiple sources.

Any assistance would be good?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Have you considered using blade hydraulics.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kio
I will check the archives and get back to you.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Is the attached display the same as your machine?
KR
Uffex1685042272248.png

Kio Dixon

Yes it is and when ignition is turned on all lights are on also the display screen is showing everything on screen. With the warning alarm also the side panel, all lights are illuminated as well. Engine starts well but the lights on the monitor remains the same with the alarm

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kio
The issue with the display appears to be common in the UK, in fact a couple of guys are making a business to repair the device. I need to research a little more before making any suggestions.
Kind regards
Uffex

Kio Dixon

Good day Uffex
Please do get some info for me.
Does these guys have online handles or social media presence.
If yes, could you provide contact?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I noted the face book request see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• JCB160 Leccy.pdf
    728.8 KB · Views: 2

Willis Hodgkinson

I have had the same fault recently on my 2006 JCB JZ140 all the lights illuminated and the engine shut its self down. I cleaned all the earths, the main one from the battery to frame + there is an earth connection in the battery compartment for the wiring loom this is on a small bolt beneath the battery isolator solenoid (at least thats what I think it is). this solenoid is situated underneath the rectangular steel cover above and to the right of the batteries. I also found two fuses inside the cover cable tied to the frame, one of mine had been hot of corroded and when I touched it the wire fell off, so I repaired it. I also found the fuses for the ECU were corroded (white deposits on the blades) so I removed them cleaned the fuse recepticals, vaselined them and fitted 4 new fuses, this cured my problem. the fuses are located behind the seat under the storage bin( I removed the bin to gain better access) hope this helps

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Kio
Looks as though you have the answers and yes that is the JCB 160 diagarm
Good luck
Uffex

Kio Dixon

Thank you .... i will try and get this issue resolved in the comming days .

Your assistance was much appreciated.