• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2002 JCB-214 Transmission light and buzzer when accelerating

JCB-214-2002

I've read a few threads on this topic in the forums but my symptoms dont seem to be the same. A few never posted the final outcome.

Backhoe transmission has been working fine for the last 400 hours. Since I purchased it.
Now when I accelerate (Primarily in 3 and 4th gear on a grade) the transmission lights illuminate and I get a buzzer. If i let off the accelerator, both stop. If I downshift to 2nd gear it stops.

It appears to happen mainly when I am in 3-4 gear and start off with heavy engine load. It also happens when going up an incline where I need to press the accelerator harder. Again, laying off the accelerator and it will stop buzzing, lights go out.

When the light and buzzer are on, if I press the accelerator harder, the machine does speed up even though it is buzzing at me.

I changed the trans oil and filter today. I did not see a strainer when I pulled the oval plate on the bottom to drain the oil.
Still same symptoms

Anyone have a like experience or know where I can check next?

2002 JCB 214-4T
Ser: 903000 series

Taking it to a dealership is too expensive for me right now.

Thanks

JCB-214-2002

It cleared up today, no warning light or buzzer. Must have been something with the trans oil or filter.
I'll let you know if it returns.

Thanks for the response.