• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2002 ASV RC 30 bog when turning

Jeff Hublit

2002 asv rc30 - 2149 hours - not sure what to do here but figured I’d reach out and see if you had any ideas! I bought this machine about a month ago.

It’ll turn if you’re moving forward or reverse but sometimes bogs engine down when doing so - been like that since I’ve had it just been putting up with it

Weak oil pressure you think? There is a small hydro leak from right side under skid by the sprocket/drive motor thing

Only thing I can think of I guess besides weak drive motor or weak hydro pump. Hydraulics on everything else work perfectly fine tho so kinda weird.

Also - tracks are not in the best shape and I hear popping now and then when turning (assuming it is the sprocket skipping on the tracks possibly.

f311fr1

Are your tracks at proper tension? That should stop the popping. Also check your rollers on the sprockets. I replaced the rollers on mine. I have attached some literature for you.

Attachments

• PT30 Operators.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
  • PT30 Filters.pdf
    329 KB · Views: 2
  • rc30-electrical-schematic (1).pdf
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Terex PT30 Service Manual.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 11

jdosumu

2002 asv rc30 - 2149 hours - not sure what to do here but figured I’d reach out and see if you had any ideas! I bought this machine about a month ago.

It’ll turn if you’re moving forward or reverse but sometimes bogs engine down when doing so - been like that since I’ve had it just been putting up with it

Weak oil pressure you think? There is a small hydro leak from right side under skid by the sprocket/drive motor thing

Only thing I can think of I guess besides weak drive motor or weak hydro pump. Hydraulics on everything else work perfectly fine tho so kinda weird.

Also - tracks are not in the best shape and I hear popping now and then when turning (assuming it is the sprocket skipping on the tracks possibly.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m facing the same issues.