• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2001 mack e7 427 low boost

Johnpenwell

Its turned into the owner needing it back asap of course. The injector part numbers were different. The valve lash I did by the flywheel Mark's. Whatever mark is on the flywheel adjust whichever cylinders valves are closed and so on in firing order kinda short on explanation but I think you would understand.what I'm trying to say

Johnpenwell

The engine came with the harness but the salvage yard just cut the engine out of the truck I think its pretty mangled. The valves were adjusted by using the flywheel Mark's in firing order find which cylinder the valves are closed on and adjust that cylinder and roll to next mark. My explanation could be a little clearer I'm sure but I think you would understand what I'm trying to say

walkerv

Its turned into the owner needing it back asap of course. The injector part numbers were different. The valve lash I did by the flywheel Mark's. Whatever mark is on the flywheel adjust whichever cylinders valves are closed and so on in firing order kinda short on explanation but I think you would understand.what I'm trying to say
Yeah thats pretty typical always need it rite now. K definatly put that engines injectors back in it . As long as you compressed the pushrod setting the lash you should be good . Get the injectors changed out and i would check all the eup wiring i will send you a good way to test it i. A lil bit

Johnpenwell

Will do. Yes I did compress the spring on the push rod then did the adjustments. Thank you. Will change injectors out

Johnpenwell

Hey Walkerv I put other injectors in that didn't change. I also asked about this on another site and I took screenshots of what one guy was saying I wanted to see if you thought this would be right or what I mean I don't know and since I've been talking to you I trust your opinion on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-121156_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200215-121156_Samsung Internet.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20200215-121148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200215-121148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 6

walkerv

Im going to go ahead and update this for the op as to what we figured out and what fixxed it . Owner of truck got a newer engine that was a totally different arrangment , what fixxed it was putting the old engine eup, heads and nozzles onto the newer block. Different cam in this newer block didnt cause an issue . Truck now seems to run correctly. I personnaly think just putting the correct eups from the old engine would have fixxed it but op probably did the rite thing by changing heads or it would have been an issue if somone down the road ordered nozzles by the vin . Hope he put the old engine valve covers on it as is now more like the original engine .

Johnpenwell

Thank you for updating. Yes the valve covers are the correct ones on the engine. Again great forum lots of great knowledge here.