1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

2001 Komatsu PC27R-8 question

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by Rob_D, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Rob_D

Rob_D New Member

Hi everyone I recently purchased a very used PC27r-8. I have few of questions:

1. The existing fan was shot so I got a replacement, I'm new to equipment but just wanted to make sure this fan is designed to push air through the radiator and not pull it like I'm used to with vehicles? Just want to confirm I don't have it on backwards.

2. It has a 3d82AE engine. Is there an equivalent thermostat I can get at autozone, o'reilly or napa?

Thanks guys.

2. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day Rob
    Could I suggest you take a close look at the cooling matrix normally the most blocked side is the direction of air pull, attached a fan illustration not sure if you see the correct blade pitch.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

upload_2020-6-29_15-59-31.png

3. Rob_D

Rob_D New Member

Thank You for the reply. I have it all back together and the main issue seems to be whoever had the unit before me must have changed the radiator, because the fan shroud wasn't centered over the fan anymore. I cut a large piece out of it so tha fan would fit and the machine still overheated, but I realized all the air was flowing out where I had cut and not through the radiator. I put the shroud back together much closer tot he fan and with no pieces missing and now she seems to run cool.

Only issue now is when the machine is at operating temperature it doesn't want to start again. I've read that is possibly caused by a bad fuel filter so I have a new one on order.

4. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good luck with that lets hope that will resolve the problem.
    Kind regards
    Uffex