• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2001 cat 730 ADT

chandler starling

Following up from Cmark's question above regarding the switch on the dash, do you have an operation & maintenance manual for the truck.?
If not, did you know that you can download one from Cat in pdf form for $46.? It contains loads of useful information.

Nige,

No sir I do not have a manual for this book and I was not aware of the option of downloading it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
To download an operation & maintenance manual, go to - https://catpublications.com/
When the popup appears, click on "Continue as Guest"
Type SEBU7347 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear. Should you choose a CD or paper version there will be S&H charges on top of the price. All three versions contain exactly the same information.

upload_2020-2-10_16-33-36.png

If you select and pay for a download it will be available by clicking the "Manage Orders" button in the Login drop-down menu (don't ask me why) visible on the RH side of the upper menu bar close to the shopping cart. You don't need to create an account to do this, it's all possible as a Guest.

Last edited:

Cmark

Cmark,

Yes, I have pressed the button on the dash and the button on the floor at the same time. It makes no difference if the dash button is flipped on. Yes the light comes on with the push of the button on the dash or if push the the floor button.

There are two solenoid valves on the side of the transfer box. You should probably start there by checking for power when the diff lock switches are turned on. Can somebody give Chandler a wiring diagram? I'm not near SIS right now.

Obvious question but is the oil level in the transfer box tank OK?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here's a thought. I wonder if it has any Diagnostic Codes on it.?
This is a truck that's old enough to have the Service and Clear switches hard-wired into the cab wiring. It should be possible to get any Codes up on the Monitor screen.
Chandler, can you confirm that your truck has the two switches shown in the illustration below are actually present on the panel directly below the fuse box..? If they are there then we can probably go further and see whether or not they work and if the truck has any Diagnostic Codes present.

upload_2020-2-10_17-10-54.png

Can somebody give Chandler a wiring diagram? I'm not near SIS right now.
Sent via PM.

chandler starling

Cmark, I will check to see if power is going to the solenoids tomorrow. Also there is plenty of fluid in the transfer tank.

Nige,Thank you for that world of information. The truck has codes being thrown currently. It’s been that way since I got it. I don’t remember the codes but I’ll be sure to get them. Also the truck does have those two switches that you are referring to.