• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2000 IR blaw-Knox 4410 with ultimat hydraulic oil overheating

Junker907

Just bought a 4410 of of an auction and knew it had some hydraulic issues before because it has an added cooler with electric fans and some stuff replaced. When I got the machine it wouldn't even lift the screed so I had my mechanic look at itnamd pump pressure was low like 900. We adjusted that to spec at like 1800, swapped all filters to spec Fiberglas with the spec oil and then everything seemed to work great. Aside from this issue the machine is in excellent shape and came with a ton of parts so it was worth the gamble I think. Tried a test strip today and after having the generator run for 45min to heat I took off and laid about 20ton at 10' wide up about 5% incline and the hydraulic oil started boiling out of the tank and gauge was pegged at about 350 degrees. Even with the aux cooler and fans running I couldn't keep it under 280-300 creeping along. I am very familiar with this same machine the last company I worked for I got one new in 03 and had about 6000hrs on it but never once had any issues like this. Any input would be much appreciated the mechanics I have are very inexperienced with paving equipment and I am trying to do all I can to get this machine useable!! Thanks for any advise!

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Did you measure the frequency coming out of your generator? Some less informed people will jack with the flow and cause high voltage, additionally is your screed heating properly? Are the thermostats working. How bout the tamper or vibrator? Is it working or is material packed up and stalling it? Have you shot surface temps on functioning motors to see who's getting hot first?