• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2-speed manual transmission oil

ffffredddd

I recently acquired a Clark forklift model C500H45LPG, IT NEEDS TRANSMISSION OIL ADDED, IT HAS A 2-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. WHAT DOES IT REQUIRE FOR OIL? I PREVIOUSLY HAD ABOUT THE SAME UNUT WITH AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION THAT HAD A LABEL THATSAID IT USED ATF OIL, THIS UNIT HAS NO LABEL20190504_111132.jpg

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
The transmisson (gearbox) uses 90W.
The (oil clutch) uses AFT- Dexron or DexronII.

ffffredddd

NOW I'M REALLY SCRATCHING MY HEAD, WHERE WOULD THE CLUTCH RESERVOIR (CHECK POINT}BE LOCATED? ALL THE CLUTCH LINKAGE SEEMS TO GO INTO THE TRANSMISSION.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
There is a large flat plate over the clutch area on the bell housing.
It will have a curved metal tube welded into it.
There will be a hose attached to this tube, coming from somewhere???
Best I remember, this hose is fed from the power steering pump.
Email me direct at: forktruk@yahoo.com.
I will refresh my memory thru a local Clark dealer as to the exact pump, feed lines, and
returns this truck carry's. Then forward the detailed routing to you.
Will take a few days. I am 83 years old; sold my forklift business in 1993, and have not
accessed a similar truck in several years. But, I will get it and send. Hang tight, loose, or
just grasp and gasp.;)

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
On May 17th, I sent 11 pages of hosing schematics and text descriptons to the email address sent me.
On May 20th, I sent query if received to same address.
At loss. Sorry I was not more helpful.