• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2 k IH a/c clutch

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
I have a 2000 8100 Int'l. The ac quit working. Clutch short cycles on and off very fast. System monitor says open wire or short in clutch. Question is .. Can I remove the clutch to replace or rebuild with out replaceing whole compressor? Never had to do this on a truck. :beatsme. Thanks in adanvce!!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I don't know what clutch/compressor that unit has, but most you can replace the clutch without replacing compressor.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Again, I don't know what compressor that unit has, but most, you remove the small machine screw in center of clutch, clutch face will slip off. Then there is typically a snap ring the holds the magnetic coil on nose of compressor. Be sure to look for shim washers stuck to compressor shaft, don't lose them.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
Thanks ! Just looking at it I had a sneaky suspicion it was possible , just needed a little reassurance. Once I start on it ,if I have any hang ups ,I'll get the info and a pic. Thanks again for taking the time to answer ! :) Have a great 4th :usa