• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 Lull hydraulic problem

MWBUILD

I recently purchased a used telehandler. All the functions seem to work fine. The problem I am having is after the machine is started and the system has enough pressure to shut off the low hydraulic system alarm the two hoses coming off the hydraulic pump start to jump, one hose goes to the spools near the front of the machine and the other goes to the rear oscillation lock cylinder. The pump is a G2020 Vickers. They seem to jump about every 4 seconds. They continue to jump even if your using a function. Ive talked to several people locally and they all say they've never seen one do that. My nearest repair facility is about 100 miles away. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start trouble shooting the system or have had a similar problem?

MWBUILD

Your the second guy that mentioned the accumulator. The local diesel mechanic didn't think that would cause the problem but since your the second person to mention it I will see if he can get a pressure test on it. Thanks

Rcs2419

Not sure if you've got this fixed or not but I had the same problem it ended up being the solenoid on top of the valve. If I'm not explaining it well enough and your still having the problem let me know and I'll send you a picture

bobpeters

1044b

I recently purchased a used telehandler. All the functions seem to work fine. The problem I am having is after the machine is started and the system has enough pressure to shut off the low hydraulic system alarm the two hoses coming off the hydraulic pump start to jump, one hose goes to the spools near the front of the machine and the other goes to the rear oscillation lock cylinder. The pump is a G2020 Vickers. They seem to jump about every 4 seconds. They continue to jump even if your using a function. Ive talked to several people locally and they all say they've never seen one do that. My nearest repair facility is about 100 miles away. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start trouble shooting the system or have had a similar problem?

I also recently purchased a used Lull which is doing the same thing. Did you figure out what was causing this yet?

chief two dogs

I have an 844 c42 and the return hose will constantly surge about every 2 0r 3 seconds At start up it takes 10 to 15 seconds for hydrolics to function at all. I wonder if your trouble and mine are related?

IvanB

Not sure if you've got this fixed or not but I had the same problem it ended up being the solenoid on top of the valve. If I'm not explaining it well enough and your still having the problem let me know and I'll send you a picture

Hey I’m having this same issue and was wondering what solenoid are you talking about and if you have a diagram or picture of it and part number any help would be highly appreciated thanks

IvanB

Thanks I will be checking this out ASAP and hopefully that all that’s wrong thanks again