• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 JLG600A No reverse!

DavidL

I replaced the basket pivot three hoses and the platform level up hose. After that was done, I seem to have lost Reverse. Forward is fine. Reverse brings up engine RPM but zero movement. I quickly flipped the lever on the pump solenoid thinking that solenoid is what determines Forward vs. Reverse (is that correct?) When momentarily flipped the motor went under strain and almost stalled.

Then, lost forward too!. I decided to power wash the rig. After that I had forward back but still no reverse.

Also, the basket rotate is doing nothing. I hear the pump strain when swivel activated (either left or right) but no evidence of hydraulic pressure at the swivel hydraulic motor...do these lines need to be bled? Three smaller hoses to the swivel motor. I assume one is a return and the others are Right and Left?

Rest of hydraulics seem to be fine. Steering good. Tower cylinders working nicely. There is fluid in the reservoir.

Thanx for the insights - especially Reverse fix!