• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1998 Hitachi EX200-5 travel speed

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
Good morning all, I’m looking for the travel hi/low speed solenoid. I’m pretty sure it’s my problem I just don’t know where it is. I can shut the machine off and turn it back on and it will go into low then after a while it goes into high and won’t shift back down until I shut it off again and restart. Thanks for any help.

mudober

Occupation
I’m assuming it is one of these four that changes travel speed from hi to low. Diesel my main lines from the rotor don’t go anywhere near these little pilots.

Diesel Dave

Your first picture is of the swing motor/gear box.
I mentioned the propel speed shift hose goes to the center joint (rotary manifold).
The center joint (rotary manifold) is in front of the swing gear box.

mudober

Occupation
For shure it is they don’t run up under them solenoids tho.

mudober

Occupation
I may have to just put a test light on it till one goes on and off with the switch if o one knows for shure. Hard to do by myself.

Diesel Dave

The propel hi/low solenoid electrical signal is sent by the main controller. It is not sent directly to the solenoid from the propel hi/ low switch.

Diesel Dave

upload_2022-11-8_14-49-1.png

Your serial number range looks correct .
Hose # 20 is supposed to go from the center joint to the solenoid block.
On the top of the center joint there should be (2) small 1/2 “ hoses which are for propel motors case drain and for the propel speed shift. The (4) large high pressure hoses are for the propel motor direction supply hoses.

mudober

Occupation
Good picture Thank you I’ll look into it.

mudober

Occupation
I see it now it was down in the leaves. I got it from here thank you! Dave