• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 Volvo L180 Transmission pressure error

zlssefi

Plowing during this last storm, the transmission pressure error message came up on the contronic screen. I scrolled through the menu and it showed the transmission pressure going from normal to error. The machine ran, shifted and pushed fine and eventually the message went away. Oil was normal height on the stick, no stink to the oil either. Think its a sensor flaking out, or should i have volvo run some pressure tests?

zlssefi

15w40 yes. It was about 30 degrees while we were plowing. Two weeks prior we were plowing at minus10 with no error codes. Transmission temp was 157.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I'd check sensor connections, followed by sensor. Its digital, so it says to the computer , hey, everything's fine or oh no, I'm dying!. No in between.

Vetech63

Can the sensor be checked with a multi meter ? what ohm values should i be looking for?
It depends on the type of sensor and what the values are. I have run into sensors that getting the setting parameters was impossible.