• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 GMC Beater Pickup

Shimmy1

Does anybody have a good number for the seal on the transfer case output shaft that I could cross? Had a u-joint go out on our old beater, and figured since it was all oily, I'd change the seal since I had the driveshaft off. Picked up joints and a seal, went to change today and the joints were both wrong. Trip to town, drag the parts guy up to get the right ones, back to shop, and installed new joints in shaft. Dug the old seal out, went to put the new one in, and that was the end of the day.

Shimmy1

I snooped around on Rock Auto. Have to go under the transmission link to find a seal, it looks like the same one I dug out.

Old Doug

I just bought a 95 Chevy it needs the seal but i also noticed the drive shaft had been worked on and some one put it together wrong. I hope to cut it apart this week.