• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 f800 8.3 fuel filter

John V

Anyone have experience with the correct fuel filter for this truck? I've tried WIX WF10024 that leaked, and I tried Carquest 86472 and that leaks as well. Bought the truck from auction and it had a fleetguard FS1251 on it, can't confirm whether it leaked or not when I bought it.

Attached is a photo of the filter head stud. The shorter threaded part goes up into the manifold, the filter screws onto the longer threaded part. There is no groove for the seal that came with either the wix or carquest filter.

rockauto lists a fuel filter MOTORCRAFT FD3368 that doesnt use a seal around the stud, although its under 1993 not 1995. ebay turned up two different filter head studs, F4HZ-9N045-B (has a groove for filter seal) and F5HZ-9N045-B (same as mine). Production date on my truck was 06-95.

Attachments

• filter head.jpeg
    filter head.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 23

heymccall

Leaks where? At perimeter?
33472 w/drain or 33358 w/o drain.
Stem gaskets came out around the same time that sulphur disappeared in our fuel.

John V

It was leaking at perimeter of filter. Today I took off the filter stud and housing, then it leaked from there (could see it pooling above the filter before running down the filter). I took it apart again and made sure the seals seated correctly for the housing. Now it's leaking from the perimeter again.

I'll call ford tmrw and ask for the p/n for the two seals for the filter housing just to make sure. I have the carquest 86472, which crosses with 33472. Do you use your stem seal? Does your stem have a groove? I tried the filter without the stem seal and she leaked from the perimeter even more (which makes no sense to me).

John V

Problem solved. Picked up a new filter from Ford, its a Fleetguard FS1251. The OD on the filter's outer seal was slightly different, and the stem seal with the carquest was too large. Also replaced the two seals to the filter housing, 3906694 (outer) and 3906695 (inner). No leaks hallelujah. fuelfilter-crossreference.com has always been right, but not in this instance.