1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

1991 case 580 k backhoe suction screen for rear brakes

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Tttgif, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Tttgif

Tttgif Member

Brakes are making noise just before machine comes to a stop sounds like gears not meshing need to know how to inspect suction screen for rear brakes

2. Dave Neubert

Dave Neubert Senior Member

Dont think there is a suction screen

3. Tttgif

Tttgif Member

I do not know i have never worked on heavy machinery i read that suction screen on a previous thread when i googled my problem with the brakes it took me to this website and i became a member and thats my story i am buying this equipment and need to somehow make sure its not going to bite me to hard

4. Tttgif

Tttgif Member

Do you know if clattering ratteling brakes only when machine comes to just about a complete stop can in fact be the incorrect fluid or would you say it could be much worse and if worse any idea on cost

5. Tttgif

Tttgif Member

The brakes feel great stops great but chatters when its almost at a complete stop just before only

6. Willie B

Willie B Senior Member

Electrician
    Wrong fluid. Mine with substitute fluid would sound like gears grinding on a steep hill. Recommended fluid cured it. At this time I can't remember if transaxle fluid, or shuttle fluid is what wet brakes swim in. The brake hydraulic reservoirs still get TCH fluid, or now Hy-tran.

Tinkerer likes this.
  7. Tttgif

Tttgif Member

Thanks sr apreciate all your help you guys are awsome thanks

8. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Welcome to HEF, Tttgif !

9. alrman

alrman Senior Member

Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
    If the brake pedal still feel fine & brakes are pulling you up, & if the transaxle oil has not been changed for a long time - the brake chatter will be caused by the oil "going off".
    Use CNH Hy Trans - you will need 50lt.
    You will need to also add 3 bottles of CNH axle additive (402982A2)
    Please replace the filter also - the screw on one laying horizontally on the engine bell housing (CNH 1346028C1 / Donaldson P164384)
    While the oil is out of the transaxle, it is a good idea to inspect the suction screen.

580SK transaxle housing.png