• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1987 jlg-40h

nesignal

looking for willie59 i had the problem with the lift just taking off when you steped on the foot safty switch.so i took you advice and switched joysticks with the boom stick and it seemed to solve the problem, so i ordered a new part (aftermarket) from tristar aerial. installed the stick and now it does not take off, but the stick seems to act only like an directional on off switch. there is no creeping or mid speed. the unit came with some instructions but they are very vague and sort of generic. they say you are to operate the lift while you are ajusting it , not so easy. have you any hints to dile in one of thease sticks. thanks, chris

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
I have never bought controllers from the aftermarket company you reference but sure they are basically the same. This is how I adjust them when I instal a new one. Turn the adjustment screws out a couple turns to where you have no movement in the controller when you stroke it. Then stroke the controller to "notch out" Turn in the low screw until you get some creeping movement. Then go to "full stroke" Adjust in the high until you get the desired full speed you feel comfortable with. Then you should have a variable speed through the range of motion in the controller. Now you can turn in some ramp to fine tune it. I personally like very little ramp in my controls but that is a operator preference. JJ