• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1987 CAT 936 Service manual etc

soapstoneguy

Just picked up a 1987 Cat 936 wheel loader and wondering if anyone has a service manual for this guy?
Would like to know what kind of oil you guys use in your final drives, transmission, hydraulic tank, engine etc...all the main things I need to know for this machine so I can make sure she runs well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Thanks!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Are you looking for the Operation & Maintenance Manual or the Service Manual?
The former contains all the information you asked about in your post plus details of "what & when" has to be done in the way of periodic maintenance. The latter is the complete workshop manual.
Difference in price is $50 versus $500 approx.
Best place to start looking is all the online resources such as Amazon, eBay, etc. Make sure that whatever you buy is relevant to your machine Serial Number. The applicable Serial Numbers will be printed on the front cover of the manual.

soapstoneguy

Are you looking for the Operation & Maintenance Manual or the Service Manual?
The former contains all the information you asked about in your post plus details of "what & when" has to be done in the way of periodic maintenance. The latter is the complete workshop manual.
Difference in price is $50 versus $500 approx.
Best place to start looking is all the online resources such as Amazon, eBay, etc. Make sure that whatever you buy is relevant to your machine Serial Number. The applicable Serial Numbers will be printed on the front cover of the manual.

I guess I'd be looking for the Operation & Maintenance Manual since it contains all the details of 'what and when' like you stated.
I know that sometimes the oil is specific to the different machines but do you have any idea as to the type of oil to use for this machine? I'd like to get the transmission oil topped off and the final drives checked and topped asap.

Thanks!!