• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1984 John Deere 310B Tachometer replacement

Jay Grogan

Looking to replace the Tachometer in my 84 Model 310B John Deere Backhoe. The current one just spins in a circle while the engine is one. Not allot out there I can find based on the part number on the John Deere site (AT32916 AND AL24528).Does anyone know if there a off the shelf non OEM tach I can replace this with by chance?

Tyler d4c

One out of say a 2020 farm tractor would work but your probably going to want to stick to a oem one the aftermarket tachs are junk. Even the oem deere tachs arnt too good. The farm tractor ones will have a hour meter and ground speed readings on them tho.

Delmer

I'd look into sending it out to get fixed, or a youtube video on fixing it yourself. If it's spinning, you know it's mostly working.

Tyler d4c

Thanks all, sorry in advance for all the questions that may be coming, this is more of a project so again thanks for the input. Will pull it out and see what I can do with it myself by tearing it apart. Plan B will be to see if may this one will replace it. https://www.reliableaftermarketparts.com/products/al30803-tachometer?currency=USD&variant=17721674530867&srsltid=AeTuncqX8nJmSxQRbTtFpB69kQUKNxtxzI6NVwAthVmlqEdFmD3G9Bvz-I
Good luck on the repair well be here if you got any more problems to work though.

Jay Grogan

Standard John Deere Tractor Tach off EBAY worked perfectly, just had to make sure of the hole size. Thanks for the input